Already acknowledged as the most significant development in fortifications since WWII, HESCO has developed RAID® In-Theatre Deployment of Concertainer units.
Designed to reduce the logistical burden of supporting force protection missions on expeditionary operations. RAID utilises a specially designed and engineered container to provide significant increases in the quantity of Concertainer units that can be transported in a 20’ container footprint and the speed and ease at which they are deployed on-site.
RAID allows swift deployment of any number of units, ready for filling. RAID units break naturally into five cell lengths, with the removal of two zip pins – simply pull out as many or as few units as required. For longer walls, leave the pins in place and hitch up a suitable towing vehicle. Within minutes long lengths of wall are deployed using only one third of the manpower required to deploy the same amount using palletised Concertainer product.
Benefits of RAID;
- 2:1 increase in deployable quantity of Mil 7 Concertainer units from one 20’ ISO container
- 2:1 reduction in truck movements when moving material forward
- 3:1 reduction in manpower - only two soldiers required on the ground
- 2:1 reduction in MHE requirement - no requirement for a dedicated forklift to move units
- 12:1 reduction in forklift movements when loading logistical vehicles
- 4:1 reduction in storage yard requirements - containers can be stacked up to 6 high
- Rapid cover from view - 333m long, 2.2m high in under 2 minutes (RAID7)
- Secure storage system
- Reduction in wastage – no packaging removal or disposal
- Hugely reduced manual handling
- Empty container for other use after RAID units deployed
||RAID Product Brochure